We will find you the perfect property
Samuel King Lettings have a wide range of property that you could soon be calling "home". From studio flats to luxury apartments, plus a selection houses, we will have something for your needs. Experienced, friendly service comes as standard, along with thorough property safety checks and accurate descriptions of all houses and flats to rent.
It is ALWAYS our aim to offer a service that is professional, makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. We strive to get issues resolved as quickly as possible (normally within the same day) should they arise keeping you fully updated on their progress. This in turn has lead us to be recommended by our tenants who presently let through us to their friends or family.
Should you be looking to let a property through Samuel King we have listed below information that will be required and general information to help you with the letting process.
Requirements for letting through us
You are probably aware that properties are in short supply in London and do let quickly therefore it is advisable that the information below is to hand and can be provided as soon as possible.
Please also make sure that all parties that are interested in living in the property view the property. We are available for late viewings should you be working if we are given a few hours notice.
To simplify the information required we have listed the information below.
- We will need to show 30 x the months rent for all properties. Ie At a rent of £1000.00pcm we would need to see a gross income of £30,000. Therefore 2 tenants would need to earn £15,000 each gross per year
- Guarantors are acceptable (subject to conditions please enquire)
- All offers are put forward to the Landlord however 99% of our properties let for the prices as advertised
- On acceptance a deposit will be required. Please note we do not have the facilities for debit/credit cards. This deposit is not to be confused with the rental deposit. The holding deposit is a good will gesture to hold the property whilst referencing takes place. This deposit will be deducted off your final move in balance. The majority of landlords require one months rent and one months deposit.
- A passport/identity card (photographic) for all Adults who will be living in the property inline with "The Right To Rent Legislation". Information of this is available on request.
- 3 Months upto date bank statements
- 3 months upto date pay slips
- Landlord reference with contact details
- A Letter from your employer on letter headed official paper
- Details of work visas if applicable
- For companies two trade references
- For Self Employed clients we will require a letter from your accountant, self assessment accounts for three years.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS HOWEVER IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANY DETAILS REQUIRED OR CAN NOT PROVIDE CERTAINS DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT US.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RENTAL PAYMENTS IN ADVANCE BE IT 6 OR 12 MONTHS.
PLEASE GIVE YOUR present LANDLORD AND YOUR PLACE OF WORK, HUMAN RESORCES/PAYROLL THE AUTHORITY TO SPEAK WITH OUR REFERENCING AGENCY.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE REQUIRED NOTICE TO YOUR PRESENT LANDLORD IS SUFFICIENT TO ALLOW YOU TO MOVE INTO YOUR NEW HOME STRESS FREE. IF WORKS ARE BEING CARRIED OUT BEFORE HAND THIS MUST BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT AND AN ALLOWANCE MADE FOR THIS.
We will then move forward to credit referencing/ checking. On a satisfactory pass/es a tenancy will be created for you to check over. If the check fails we will let you know straightaway all though we have no information available to us why it would have failed and this will be provided by a credit referencing agency.
PLEASE NOTE: If furniture is required WE MUST BE MADE AWARE FROM THE OUTSET so we can advise you accordingly and if agreed placed in the property before a tenancy is signed and you move in.
Prior to moving in we will need a signed tenancy agreement signed by all tenants and witnessed, a deed of guarantee signed by the guarantor (if applicable), all monies paid (rent and deposit and tenancy set up fees as below).
You are now ready to move.
The details below will also be required prior to you moving in.
You will be shown a valid upto date gas safety certificate and an EPC which shows the energy performance of the property. Some landlords will charge a Check In fee please enquire for more details.
We will then hand you the keys in the office or at the property and sign off the inventory a copy will be provided to you.
For Managment we will retain a set of keys in the office for property inspections that will be carried out and emergencies.
We will then:
- Close the present utility accounts down and put all the bills in your name/s and give the meter readings
- Provide contact details of whom you should call
- Set up a monthly rental payment method and provide account details
- Details of emergency contact numbers
- Details on your deposit
APPROVAL FOR ALL CHANGES YOU WISH TO MAKE TO THE PROPERTY MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO CARRYING THEM OUT.
ALL PROPERTY REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCY ISSUES MUST BE REPORTED AS SOON AS THEY ARISE.
Please refer to your tenancy for tenant requirements.
£240.00 per tenant subject to proving 30x the months rent. Two tenants on £15,000 each at a gross required of £30,000 would be two fees. There are no further charges after this for additional tenants we will be required to check.
£120.00 per tenant to add to a tenancy at a later stage. All information to be supplied as before.
£120.00 will be charged for the inventory check out
£50.00 for the renewal of the tenancy per household
This fee covers:
- Chasing and obtaining all references.
- Submitting all references for checking and completing of the forms.
- Arranging and obtaining safety certificates.
- Arranging for furniture to be delivered or checking furniture and white goods already in the property.
- Arranging keys.
- Arranging the deed of guarantor (if applicable)
- Arranging and project managing any works prior to moving in.
- Making payment of the move in monies.
- Arranging for the registration of the deposit by us or the Landlord. We use the custodial scheme.
- Arranging for deposit documentation to be signed.
- Making sure all paperwork is in place prior to moving in.
- Obtaining agreement from the Landlord to let and drawing up a tenancy agreement.
Properties do let quickly so it is advisable to register which can be via email, property portal/website such as Rightmove or Zoopla or by coming into the office. Please feel free to contact us for availability at anytime.
Rent deposits (part of the Housing Act 2004) will be held either by the agent or the landlord in a affiliated Deposit Scheme. This deposit remains as the tenants deposit for the duration of the tenancy. The deposit will be returned once the landlord is satisfied with the condition of the property and that all utility bills have been paid. Deposit schemes are there to resolve diputes between tenants and landlords should the need arise.
The standard form of tenancy is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy details of which are under the landlord section of this website. They contain details of what a tenant can and can't do and will also set out the requirements for what is expected off of landlords and the tenants, certain additions can be made and it is always down to both parties to read the tenancy thoroughly so they understand what they are signing for and to ask questions to clarify any points contained within it.
We will contact a tenant 2 months before the end of a tenancy to see if they wish to renew and then should there be no further things to discuss and with the landlords agreement a tenancy can be signed immediately.
We hope the information above has been helpful and we are always available should clarification be required on certain points.
As mentioned from the outset we always strive to provide a professional service for all our tenants. However sometimes things do arise although this is very rarely and in the event you have a complaint please contact our management team at Email: email@example.com
Tel: 0207 474 6000 and follow the instructions. For your reassurance we have a complaints procedure in place.
Samuel King are members of The Property Ombudsman Redress scheme for Sales and Lettings and are also registered with the Deposit Protection Service.
Please see our current rental properties below.